The Mayor of London has launched a consultation on his draft Health Inequalities Strategy ‘Better Health For All Londoners’ which aims to help create a healthier and fairer society and to make the healthier choice easier for everyone, including the most disadvantaged.
The draft strategy has five goals:
- Every London child to have the best possible start in life
- All Londoners share in a city with the best mental health in the world
- A society, environment and economy that promotes good mental and physical health
- London’s diverse communities to be healthy and thriving
- To make the ‘healthy choice’ the easy choice for all Londoners
The London Plan commits the Mayor to working in partnership with other key stakeholders to reduce health inequalities by supporting the spatial implications of the Health Inequalities Strategy. In particular, the planning system has a key role to support the aims of the strategy to create healthy places, healthy communities and promote healthy habits.
The consultation runs until 30 November 2017 and further details can be found here.